ADAS calibration app wins one of SEMA’s Best New Product awardsBy on
Associations | Collision Repair
Collision repair industry leader Frank Terlep’s Test Drive CoPilot received the Collision Repair & Refinish Best Products Award from the SEMA Show’s annual New Products Showcase.
Terlep previously told Repairer Driven News that CoPilot is designed to validate that vehicle advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) are working and calibrated correctly using verification procedures from OEM repair procedures found in owner’s manuals to guide users through documenting each post-calibration test drive.
After receiving the Collision Repair and Refinish Best Product Award on Tuesday during the show Kickoff Breakfast Terlep said, “Our goal is to make sure that when a car gets taken back to the consumer all those ADAS systems work as they’re supposed to.”
Terlep’s company, Auto Techcelerators, was acquired last week by OPUS IVS. “The trifecta of CoPilot offerings is growing fast and combining with Opus IVS gives us the scale necessary to serve our customers better. We couldn’t have asked for a better partnership to carry out our vision,” Terlep said in a news release announcing the acquisition.
Opus said it will continue to offer Auto Techcelerator’s products to the market and plans to merge several of its products with the CoPilot suite “to deliver the industry’s most complete and integrated end-to-end ADAS, calibration and validation solution.”
CoPilot was also one of two runner-ups in the new ADAS products category and is one of 15 semi-finalists chosen out of 100 competitors to compete today at the SEMA Show on national television for a grand prize package valued at $92,000. SEMA Show attendees can meet Terlep and the Auto Techcelerators team at booth #22970 in the SEMA Launchpad Corral in the Central Hall and Opus at booth #31095 in the South Upper Hall.
The ADAS category and new electric vehicle product category brought this year’s total number of new product awards to 18 including exterior accessory, interior accessory, engineered new, street performance, racing performance, off-road/4-wheel-drive, street rod/custom car, tools and equipment, van/pickup/sport utility, packaging design, merchandising display, mobile electronics, powersports, and tire and related.
ALLDATA took the ADAS award for its ADAS Quick Reference product, which according to a description provided in the SEMA Show app, can be used to “quickly identify ADAS removal/replacement requirements that could result in extra labor for calibration or sublet costs, and displays basic calibration information, required tools, and prerequisites for servicing ADAS components.”
Details on all of the products from the showcase are included in the SEMA Show mobile app for attendees to use as “a year-round resource to help them after the Show,” according to SEMA. The app includes a feature that allows users to scan products of interest and create custom lists.
The other new product award winners are:
- Electric Vehicle: Active Performance Sound, Borla Performance
- Engineered New: Pneumatic StraightGate50 Butterfly Style External Wastegate, Turbosmart
- Exterior Accessory: Angled Front Fender Flare for Bronco, TRAILFX
- Interior Accessory: The Legend Mirror DVR Power Switch System, Acumen Robot Intelligence
- Merchandising Display: Bed Mat Counter Display, Dee Zee
- Mobile Electronics: SRK-JK11H, AudioControl
- Off-Road/4-Wheel Drive: Jeep JL, JT & JK Adjustable Front Bump Stop Kit, RockJock 4×4 by John Currie
- Packaging Design: Bubba Off-Road Truck Recovery Gear Set, Bubba Off-Road Recovery Gear
- Performance-Racing: All New “OPR” Turbocharger Oil Pressure Regulator, Turbosmart
- Performance-Street: Antigravity Batteries “RE-START” Lithium Starter Battery, Antigravity Lithium Batteries
- Powersports: MLX-9000 Series Motorcycle Gauge, Dakota Digital
- Street Rod/Custom Car: Custom Microsteer Integrated Column Program, Flaming River Industries Inc.
- Tire and Related: VICTRA SPORT EV, Maxxis Tire
- Tools & Equipment: The 92110-SGX Surface Grinder, Burr King Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- Van/Pickup/Sport-Utility: Monkey Bars (Ridge Ready), SeaSucker
- Wheel and Related Product: MMX Forged Wheel, MMX Wheels
Featured image: The New Products Showcase at the 2022 SEMA Show. (Lurah Lowery/Repairer Driven News)
Frank Terlep accepts the Collision Repair & Refinish New Product Award on Nov. 1 during the 2022 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. (Lurah Lowery/Repairer Driven News)
ALLDATA President Satwinder Mangat and Director of Sales and Business Development Tifani Lane accept the ADAS New Product Award on Nov. 1 during the 2022 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. (Lurah Lowery/Repairer Driven News)
Show attendees peruse the New Products Showcase on Nov. 1, 2022. (Lurah Lowery/Repairer Driven News)